Feeding the Dairy Cow Level 2 - Providing an on Farm Service
- Dates for 2018 to be confirmed
This highly-rated course is targeted at the post-experience level for delegates who have a sound knowledge of the principles of dairy cow nutrition.
Delegates are normally more experienced vets who are keen to understand more of the technical aspects of nutrition and nutritionists who want to see how nutrition affects the more veterinary aspects of dairying. This mixture of vets and nutritionists is one of the key reasons for the success of the course over the last 8 years.
It is very practical but, at the same time, fully up to date and technical.
- What do farmers expect from a 'nutritional service'
- Pro and cons of different feed systems
- Ration formulation
- Monitoring, predicting and trouble shooting metabolic problems
- Grazing management
- Minerals, vitamins and additives
- 'Bunk' management
- Manipulating milk constituents
- The evidence behind links between nutrition and fertility
- Essentials of heifer rearing
The course tutors, James Husband, Will Tulley and Alastair Hayton, are experienced vets with extensive first-hand experience of putting the principles of nutrition into practice on dairy farms throughout the UK and EU. Their mission is to apply evidence based science on farm in a practical and cost effective way and provide delegates with the confidence to question the validity of much of the dogma that is often seen on farm.Book a Place