Practical Feeding Management and Finances for the Dairy Herd
- 12th to 13th February 2020
- 2 Days
- Best Western The Gables Hotel, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8DL
- Cost (Course Only)
- £425 (£510 inc VAT)
- Cost (Inc DBB)
- £535 (£642 inc VAT)
This course which aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of practical feeding management for dairy herds along with knowledge relating to the financial aspects of feeding a dairy herd.
The course will cover:
Feed Assessment and Analysis
- Methods of determining the nutrient content of feed stuff and their rumen dynamics
- Strengths and weaknesses of differing analytical techniques
- How to read between the lines of forage analyses and choose the right tests in the right circumstances
- Reviewing the principal methods of feeding; strengths and weaknesses within different production systems
- Understanding and assessing where issues may occur
Feeding Behaviour and Management
- Reviewing the principals and science of feeding, grazing and bunk management
- Understanding how cow behaviour influences feeding and nutrition
- How contracts are structured and what influences farm income
- Dissecting contracts and understanding what the incentivise, and how to maximise income
Manipulating Milk Constituents
- What drives milk constituent production, and how can we change it?
- Troubleshooting quality issues
Appraisal of Feed Costings on a Dairy Herd
- Understanding the metrics within feed costings, and their appropriateness for different systems
- Becoming familiar with key metrics, and understanding how to easily calculate them in the field
Course tutors: Richard Cooper and Julia Moorhouse.
If you are booking 5 or more delegates, please contact us for a group discount.Book a Place
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations 14 or more days prior to the course will receive 100% refund. 8 to 14 Days will receive 50% refund and 7 or less will not be refunded.
Bookings which have not been paid for in full before course registration will be subject to a 10% surcharge. We reserve the right to refuse admission to delegates for whom payment has not been received at the time of registration, until the invoice has been settled.