Dry Cow Feeding and Management
- 21st to 22nd May 2019
- 2 Days
- Course starts 10am on the first day and finishes at 4pm on the second day
- Caer-llan, Trellech, near Monmouth
- Cost (Course)
- £425 (£510 inc VAT)
- Cost (Inc DBB)
- £535 (£642 inc VAT)
Good dry cow management is central to the success of a dairy herd, laying the foundations for milk production, metabolic disease prevention and fertility. It is also an area where debunking sales talk and myths with an evidence based approach can save clients a lot of money.
This course is designed for vets and nutritionists with some experience of dairy practice- no previous in depth knowledge of rationing will be required.
The emphasis is on practical ways to trouble shoot, ration and manage dry cows.
- Physiology of the dry cow
- Management: grouping, housing
- Rationing principles including practical session
- Prevention and trouble-shooting metabolic disease
- Monitoring metabolic status using bloods, urine and milk
Course tutors: James Husband and Alastair Hayton. Alastair Hayton and James Husband are RCVS Recognised Specialists in Cattle Health and Production with over 20 year's practical experience of rationing and trouble-shooting dairy production problems.
If you are booking 5 or more delegates, please contact us for a group discount.Book a Place