Youngstock Nutrition and Management - An Evidence-Based Approach
- 6th to 7
th November 2019
- 2 Days
- Best Western The Gables Hotel, Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, GL12 8DL
- Cost (Course Only)
- £415 (£498 inc VAT)
- Cost (Inc DBB)
- £525 (£630 inc VAT)
This course is tailored towards veterinary surgeons and dairy farm advisors who wish to develop their understanding of dairy youngstock nutrition from birth through to first calving. The aim of the course is to improve competence in basic and intermediate dairy youngstock nutrition and feeding management techniques that will facilitate delivery of consultancy services to dairy clients.
- Key performance indicators in heifer rearing - the evidence behind them, setting targets and the challenges of monitoring them.
- Pre- and peri-parturient management of the pregnant cow: impacts on foetal viability and mortality.
- Colostrum: the evidence base for the ‘standard’ advice and why this doesn’t always guarantee success. Monitoring, investigation and intervention in the dairy herd.
- Feeding the pre-weaned calf: role of milk and ‘hard’ feeding in the development of the ruminant. Critical assessment of feeding systems and delivery of nutritional advice.
- Weaning and the post-weaned heifer: options and approaches to obtaining reliable growth, fertility and safe delivery to first calving.
Course tutors: Richard Cooper and Julia Moorhouse.
If you are booking 5 or more delegates, please contact us for a group discount.Book a Place
Terms and Conditions
Cancellations 14 or more days prior to the course will receive 100% refund. 8 to 14 Days will receive 50% refund and 7 or less will not be refunded.
Bookings which have not been paid for in full before course registration will be subject to a 10% surcharge. We reserve the right to refuse admission to delegates for whom payment has not been received at the time of registration, until the invoice has been settled.