Who are The Evidence Group
Evidence Group is an agricultural data and supply chain consultancy firm based in Penrith, Cumbria. We offer consultancy services direct to farmers, the food supply chain and industry professionals, including the annual TotalDairy Seminar, an industry leading technical event. Evidence Group also run Barbican Animal Health, a dairy feed product company offering bespoke formulations to improve animal health. Following a merger with Map of Agriculture at the end of 2018, we're now expanding our team to accelerate the development and integration of our products.
Map of Ag are looking to recruit a new Junior Data Scientist, based out of the Penrith office. The purpose of the role is to use a range of cutting-edge data science techniques and technologies to build data solutions and insights that support the Client Services and Product teams. The role will focus on an exciting range of areas including sustainability and animal welfare among others.
The day to day activities for this role include:
- Efficient processing of datasets from various sources using intelligent criteria and mapping rules
- Manipulating datasets and building models to add value and generate key performance indicators
- Designing and creating interactive analytics reports using Microsoft Power BI, in order to provide easy insight into large datasets for colleagues & clients
- Implementing reports within Map of Ag products to provide graphical interactive feedback to users
- Supporting the Account Management team to ensure they have information & reports available to share with clients as required
- Analysing the datasets collected to respond to specific queries from colleagues & clients
The following skills would be required for this role:
- Experience with advanced features and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Experience programming with Python would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience with statistical & data analysis techniques would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Excellent communication skills and able to liaise with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders, including account managers, vets and IT developers
- Good attention to detail, minimising the chances of errors within datasets and reports
You would work from our company offices in Penrith. The position may involve some travel to other company offices and occasional client meetings.
£22,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience) based on 40 hours per week
How to Apply
For further information on the role please call Tom McKetterick on 01768 868472. To apply please email your CV and a short covering letter to